Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TALENTED EXPO CRAFTER


If you live abroad, essentially outside of South Africa and have just stumbled onto my blog and intend to visit Cape Town during the Soccer World Cup, please do read further. When you reach South Africa, turn immediately left, continue for a hundred meters and you will find EXPO WP on your right hand side. EXPO WP is a tourist and traders market and has more than 300 Art and Craft stalls to tickle your fancy, with curios you have never ever seen before and neither dreamt about. This is my friend Blessing from Nematombo Stone Gallery who fashions soap stone into craft.


He can make anything from a bust to a animal and specializes in the "BIG FIVE". Why not commission him to make your bust? Here's a sample of his work.

Blessing is talented beyond compare and really deserves your admiration but even more so, your patronage, I stand in awe of him since he does all his carvings from memory which I'm almost certain you cant do. As for me I wont even try because I will certainly fail miserably. My big question is ... "Why does a man so talented have to struggle to make a living and live on the bread line?"  Certainly there are curio shops owners world wide who would give their back teeth to even meet Blessing, so if you want me to hook you up, do your thing. Right now, I dont want to get into a controversy about exploitation and black empowerment, for that you can go here.


Photographs courtesy of PhotoJani Photographic Studios Ph 0847458258

Blessing is just one of many talented sculptors, I have another friends Micheal who does exactly what Blessing can do and Neville but in exotic woods. He has dozens of finished Giraffes just waiting to be snapped up by you for a few measly dollars, pounds or euros. So, when you go South, pop in at 131 Bofors Circle Epping for a Art & Craft experience of your life. Earmark which one you going to take home with you amongst  this selection.

Photographs courtesy of PhotoJani Photographic Studios Ph 0847458258

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else except it is just placing the other person's weblog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.

my page dermaroseblog.com

Anonymous said...

Whats up! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for
the great information you have got here on this post.
I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.


Review my page ... seo google places categories